As a company director or senior executive you may incur certain personal liabilities. Negligence; default; breach of duty; or breach of trust in relation to the company may leave you open to litigation; compensation claims; lawsuits; investigations and prosecutions.
In such cases, you could be faced with significant legal expenses and other costs as you seek to defend yourself against allegations or if you have claims awarded against you.
In the absence of any other remedy, you would have to finance such action from your own resources including the settlement of any successful claim which, at worst, could put at risk your home, car, savings and other assets.
Directors and Officers Insurance (“D&O”) is designed to provide cover for legal defence costs and, where appropriate.
We live in an increasingly regulated world, and the risk of directors and senior executive management incurring personal liabilities has increased dramatically in recent years especially in the following key areas:
• Involuntary, constructive or gross negligence manslaughter
• Health & Safety legislation
• Sexual, racial, disability or age discrimination
• Wrongful or constructive dismissal
• Wrongful trading such as in the knowledge that the business is or will become insolvent
• Unpaid taxes when the company has become insolvent
• Competition and cartel activity
• Copyright and other intellectual property
• Data protection
• E business
• Environmental issues
You can also be held personally liable for the actions, errors and omissions of others.
The number of individuals and organisations who can bring a claim against company directors and senior executive officers are:
• Regulatory bodies
• Liquidators and receivers
• Government bodies
Don’t stay awake at night worrying, let Glowsure’s insurance experts arrange the right level of Directors and Officers insurance cover for you.